1. Information We Collect
2. How We Use Your Information
3. How We Share Your Information
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
5. Your Choices
6. Children’s Information
7. Data Security
8. Third Party Links, Programs and Services
10. Contact Us
1. Information We Collect The type of information we collect and how we use that information depends on the context of your interactions with us, including in person, through our website [and/or apps], when you contact us by telephone, email, or mail, participate in our programs or services, or connect with us through social media. We also receive information from third parties, such as other organizations we work with, and publicly available sources.
2. How We Use Your Information In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information as described below.
● Conduct Church activities, for instance to minister to you;
● Communicate with you about promotions, events, offers, or services for you or your family;
● Verify your identity (online or offline);
● Protect Church members;
● Improve any service we or our partners offer;
● Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities;
● For statistical purposes, such as identifying donation or attendance trends;
● Recognize you online;
● Conduct analytics;
● Facilitate any other purpose for which you provided the information or otherwise agree to;
● For administrative purposes, such as managing our relationships;
● Match the information with other information about you, for example in databases of our partners; and
● Create aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which we may use and disclose without restriction (for instance, for analysis, research or marketing purposes).
● With a variety of service providers who help us run our organization. Among other things, service providers may help us with soliciting donations, recruiting members, billing, administering our website [and/or apps], order fulfillment, email services, advertising and marketing, and other functions;
● With trusted partners, such as Gloo, who wish to conduct statistical or administrative analysis, improve their services, or match you with services or products;
● With other organizations with which we may co-sponsor or co-market a program, service, or event;
● To detect and address fraud, credit risk, security or technical issues;
● Without restriction when the information is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified;
● When we believe that sharing is necessary to take action regarding possible unlawful activities, to establish or exercise our rights or defend against a legal claim, in connection with a legal process or to comply with other legal requirements;
● If the Church merges, combines with, or is acquired by another organization, we will share information with that organization, including at the planning stage;
● In situations involving potential threats to the safety or rights of the Church or any person or organization, for example with law enforcement agencies; and
● In any other circumstances where we have your permission or are otherwise permitted by law to share it.
5. Your Choices You can make the following choices regarding your information:
● Accessing, Modifying, or Deleting Your Information. You may request that we give you access to your information, delete your information, or modify your information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete. You may exercise the rights by contacting us using the information provided below. We do our best to consider all requests of this nature, even if we are not legally required to do so, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
● Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information in certain circumstances by contacting us using the information provided below.
● Other Opt-Out Choices. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send you information about the Church and our events, newsletters, offers, and other promotional materials. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive.
6. Children’s Information We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age without parental consent. If you believe we might have any information from or about your child under 13, please contact us using the information below so that we may take measures to delete such information.
7. Data Security We understand and respect the importance of the security of the information we collect. Nonetheless, no organization can provide complete assurances that its security measures will avoid all risks or breaches. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. In the event we are required by law to inform you of a breach of your information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
8. Third Party Links, Programs and Services Our website [and/or apps] may contain links to third party websites, content or services. When you interact with these websites or services, those parties’ privacy policies – not ours – will apply. Likewise, if you provide information to third parties at events, that information will be handled pursuant to their – not our – policies. We are not responsible for the websites, content, security or practices of any third parties. We do not vet, endorse or make any representations about third parties or their websites, applications or services.
Last modified and effective: [August 18 2022]